Chocolate Filled Madeleines
The following classic French cake recipe comes from Chow and Chatter:
- 2 eggs
- 75g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 90g flour (about a cup)
- 3g of baking soda
- Grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 90g melted French butter, still liquid but cold
- One spoon of runny honey
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Your favorite chocolate, broken up
- Melt the butter and keep it to one side
- Whip the eggs with sugar and salt then slowly add the sifted flour, baking powder, lemon and vanilla essence.
- Mix until smooth then add the melted butter and honey and leave to chill for 30 minutes
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.