Seared Scallops with Meyer Lemon Caviar Infusion
The following recipe is from Five Star Foodie, it’s a wonderfully sophisticated and beautiful appetizer and would be sure to wow your guests at your next dinner party.
- Juice of 2 Meyer lemons
- 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon lecithin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 Scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- River Beluga Caviar
- Melt butter in a skillet until foamy. Rinse the scallops and pat them dry. Sprinkle with salt. Sear the scallops for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add Meyer lemon juice, creme fraiche and lecithin into a mixing cup. Blend with immersion blender pouring oil a little a time (this will be a thin emulsion). Gently fold in the caviar (1-2 mother of pearl spoonfuls for each 1/4 cup of emulsion or to taste).
- Arrange the scallops on the plates and pour the emulsion carefully over the scallops so that the caviar is on top of each scallop.